Surb Amenaprkich(Holy Savior) Church of Lomaturtskh
Church Foundation: The earliest references to Surb Amenaprkich Church in the village of Lomaturtskh, situated 17km north of Akhalkalaki, are stated in the archival documents of the Armenian Apostolic Church’s fund of the Georgian and Imeretian Diocese. It is known by the name of Surb Prkich and Surb Amenaprkich. So, in the chronicles of 1857-1860, it is mentioned by the name of Surb Prkich, while in another chronicle of 1864-1867it is mentioned by the name of Surb Amenaprkich. In the 60s of the 19th century, the church was still wooden. According to the newspaper "Ardzagank", the church was stony with wooden roof in 1885. In the 90's of the 19th century, the church was in need of repair. As the government imposed ban, the started construction works were proceeding with difficulties. At the beginning of the 20th century, the church was again in an emergency condition. In 1905 works were underway to build a completely new church. According to the inscription of the church wall, the construction works started in 1906.
The village cemetery extends to the north-western edge of the village.
Architecture: Surb Amenaprkich church is built of tuff and belongs to the hall type. The total dimensions are 16,82x9,67m. There are arched windows on the southern and northern walls. The entrance is from the southern side. The bell tower, based on four pillars, is built on the western side of the roof. The church is roofed with tinplate. The interior space is a large hall without separating pillars . The walls are plastered and painted. The Altar with its right and left- side chapels is located on the northern part of the church .The Baptismal Font is also on the northern wall .The ceiling is covered with wooden boards.
Parish priests: Father Ghukas Ter- Baghdasaryan was one of the priests of Surb Amenaprkich Church.
School: The church-parish school in the village of Lomatutskh was opened in 1863 by means of the local residents. As of 1869, it had 20 pupils. Hovhannes Ter-Baghdasaryan was one of the teachers.
Church re-consecration: Surb Amenaprkich Church belongs to the number of churches that lost its function during the Soviet era and turned into a warehouse of a collective farm, thereupon a wedding and funeral banquet hall, and then was neglected.
In 2016 on the initiative and charity of the former residents of Lomaturtskh, Sedrak and Arthur Khachatryan Brothers, the renovation works of the church were carried out in the short term with the active involvement of the village builders and local Gevorg Iritsian’s arrangement.
111 years after its first consecration, the re-consecration ceremony of Surb Amenarkich Church was held on June 11, 2017.
The church was re-consecrated by the Primate of the Diocese of the Armenian Apostolic Church in Georgia , His Grace Bishop Vazgen Mirzakhanyan with the participation of the Prelate of the Samtskhe-Javakhk and Tsalka’s General Prelacy, Rev. Father Babken Salbiyan. After the Opening of the Doors (Drnbatsek) Service, the Holy Table, the Baptismal Font and the 16 columns were blessed with Holy Chrism. The first Divine Liturgy was served in the re-consecrated and renovated church. The Holy Liturgy ended with a protective prayer by the Primate of the Armenian Apostolic Church in Georgia, His Grace Vazgen Mirzakhanyan.
The festive day ended with a hospitality organized by Sedrak and Arthur Khachatryans.
Diocese of the Armenian Apostolic Church in Georgia
Armenian Historical and Cultural Heritage Study Center in Georgia
 NAA, ֆ. 53, ց. 1, գ. 3830, թ. 40-ի շրջ.-41
 NAA, ֆ. 53, ց. 1, գ. 3843, թ. 56-ի շրջ.
 NAA, ֆ. 53, ց. 1, գ. 3848, թ. 74-ի շրջ.-75
 “Ardzagank”, 1885, N 3, p. 43
 NAA, ֆ. 56, ց. 1, գ. 8948, թ. 1 ևշրջ., 25-26
 S. Karapetyan, Javakhk, Yerevan, 2006,.214
 Armenian Historical and Cultural Heritage Study Center in Georgia. Diocese of the Armenian Apostolic Church in Georgia
 NAA, ֆ. 53, ց. 2, գ. 2707, թ. 2; գ. 2713, թ. 2
 NAA, ֆ. 53, ց. 1, գ. 3977, թ. 55-ի շրջ.-56
 NAA, ֆ. 56, ց. 15, գ. 52, թ. 43
 http://armenianchurch.ge/hy/lurer/34-news/1347-ekghecu-ocum: Press Service of the Diocese of the Armenian Apostolic Church in Georgia
- Hits: 756